Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Out with the old and in with the new!

Thread: Out with the old and in with the new!

addiction level: 4

Thanks

Out with the old and in with the new!

So earlier in the year I picked up a new summer ride, Went from a 2005 Pontiac GTO 6spd manual to a brand new 2015 Corvette 7sp manual that stickered for almost $70K. Of course I didn't pay that, Ended up trading keys for $38K + taxes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ChgoUAV; 09-17-2016 at 02:28 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ChgoUAV For This Useful Post:

atvspeed4 (09-17-2016)

Administrator CFO

Thanks

Re: Out with the old and in with the new!

Love the C7 Corvettes.
    I had a couple of C3 generation Vettes back in my single days.
    I wasn't a fan of the C4-5-6 gens. (too Camaroish for my taste) but the C7 is a home run.
    Golden Ballz - 9/11 ROTM - 1/12

"It was a good idea, right up until it wasn't."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bunger For This Useful Post:

ChgoUAV (09-17-2016)

addiction level: 5
    Thanks

Ohhhhh man, I loooove this one, over here you must give up some 100 grants to get one!!!! The sound ......just amazing

God did not build mountains in vain, but to be climbed by Hummers,
    2006 H3 3,5L manual transmission ,Adventure pack with 4:1 Tcase and rear diff locker, 2,5" front lift ,Bilstein 5100 front shocks with 1/2" extended Bump stops, 1,25" rear lift warrior shakles, 315/75/16 COOPER STT PRO , UCP, tow package, PCM tune, home made snorkel (under hood) , optima yellow.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to H3Hummer For This Useful Post:

ChgoUAV (09-17-2016)

Thanks

Yeah your right bunger the C5/C6 didn't have the soul/body lines of the older C2/C3's which I loved as a kid but the new C7's pay homage to that classic Stingray design.
    I believe that for sure H3Hummer, I remember visiting Eastern Europe in the late 80's and Corvettes over there were going for what a Ferrari/Porsche/Lambo go for over here.

Thanks

NICE!!!! Anyone see the latest spy shots of the next generation? Rumor is it'll be mid engine...the purists won't dig it but if it is it'll corner on rails.

Thanks

Yep, Seen the spy photos already. The mid engine Corvette is speculated to be out in 2019, But the price tag will be up there.
    About a year ago there were spy photos of a mid engine chassis cloaked in a 4 dr sedan body so we shall see!!

Thanks

Yeah, pushing close to 100g from what I've been hearing. Been talk of spinning the Corvette off into it's own brand thus allowing non Chevrolet dealers (i.e. GMC or other corporate affiliates) to sell Corvette. Not sure that would be a great idea at this point but what do I know, right?

addiction level: 3
    Thanks

Very nice replacement . I have been hearing that the mid engine car that is coming out is going to be a Cadillac, will have to wait and see.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to WoodwardsH3 For This Useful Post:

ChgoUAV (09-19-2016)

addiction level: 1
    Thanks

Saweeeeet. You going to take it to Joliet?

Thanks

New gen vettes are hands down one of the best looking vehicles GM has ever created! I also think the new gen Camaros are just plain gorgeous and look meaner than hell just sitting still. My wife ordered a 2SS earlier in the year.

I had an 06 GTO manual which I traded in for my H2 a long time ago. Truthfully, I know there are so many cars that would hand that GTO its ass in this day and age but I still miss it like crazy! I had done so much work to it. The GTO and our Saturn Sky Redline were 2 cars I wished we would have just kept and garaged. Those were 2 fun as hell cars!

Thanks

Back in 2005 if you were pack'n 400hp from the factory you had a street beast nowadays 400hp is just "average". I did have to upgrade the goats suspension, driveshaft, bushings and a few other things to make it right but I had fun with it and it was time to move on after some lady switched lanes without looking right into the drivers side, Couldn't believe it first day out for the year and that happened so I had it fixed but to me it wasn't a mint car no more so I searched for almost a year. I knew I wanted a Vette so I started looking at 2013 C6 "427" Vettes and the new C7's and I have to say it is a night and day difference between the 2 cars, First off the fit and finish on the C7 is of higher quality then the C6. If you get a chance to drive both cars back to back you'll know right away the C7 is the superior machine of the 2, The C7 interior is spectacular on the C6 it felt like a 4th gen Camaro then there's the performance which the C7 is a world class competitor. Also I did not want a 3 yr old Vette that would cost me the same if not more in the long run compared to a brand new one so when I found this 2015 in April they had a ton of rebates and were basically giving the car away so it was a no brainer!
    I may take it to the track this year Woodtick but I like goin to Union Grove or US41, I like the old school tracks plus they seem to have less ricers then Joliet!

Thanks

No kidding about the HP difference these days, though the late 70's, 80's, and early 90's most small blocks made around 170-190 HP out of the box. These days if your V-6 isn't putting out about 300 ponies you're in the turtle lane, Lol. The 650-700+ HP V-8's of today are real monsters and much more refined ones at that than the big street fighters the factory put out in the late 60's.

Thanks

Here's a spy photo of a mid engine prototype that GM is testing, This pic was posted a few days ago on one of the Corvette sites.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Looks more Ferrari than Corvette but the Corvette has evolved at each turn and if it's going to really contend on a road course the next natural evolution should be mid-engine. They corner like they're on rails now but improve the weight distribution and add all wheel drive then hang on. Imagine Italian supercar with a supercharged American V-8!!!

addiction level: 5
    Thanks

Second that, it really could be a Ferrari nose

God did not build mountains in vain, but to be climbed by Hummers,
    2006 H3 3,5L manual transmission ,Adventure pack with 4:1 Tcase and rear diff locker, 2,5" front lift ,Bilstein 5100 front shocks with 1/2" extended Bump stops, 1,25" rear lift warrior shakles, 315/75/16 COOPER STT PRO , UCP, tow package, PCM tune, home made snorkel (under hood) , optima yellow.

Thanks

Yes I agree that it does look a bit like a Ferrari but that rear end has some Corvette curve to it! But there's also some photos/video of a possible ZR1 that was being tested in Colorado, Front engine though.