Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
HD Engine/ transmission mounts for the 5 cylinder

Thread: HD Engine/ transmission mounts for the 5 cylinder

addiction level: 3
    Thanks

HD Engine/ transmission mounts for the 5 cylinder

Well about a month ago we were driving through the city and when we accelerated from a stop quickly the engine rotated over and took out the fan shroud...

We did not want to put new stock rubber mounts in as we have found that with much larger than stock tires, low gearing and alot of rock crawling we put too much stress on the mounts and the rubber allows too much movement.

We have designed all new mounts for the engine and transmission that use the same material as our diff bushings. While this is firmer than rubber, it will not break down and will not allow any excess engine movement at all. Once we get them back from powdercoat in a couple weeks we will post up pictures before and after install.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atvspeed4 For This Useful Post:

ChgoUAV (10-19-2016),IRONHORSE1 (10-18-2016),justin94tt (10-18-2016),MUTAINT (10-18-2016)

Mayor of Drummond Island

Thanks
    Thanked 1,001 Times in 738 Posts

Re: HD Engine/ transmission mounts for the 5 cylinder

I hope the trans mount will be able to be ordered separately for the Alpha owners.
    . . . . .
    "I'd rather be lost on Drummond Island than found on the Mainland!"
    Previously owned: Mr. Black H3 Alpha OffRoad, Mr. Orange 08 H3 Alpha, Mr. Blue 08 H3 Alpha OffRoad, Mr. "T" 09 H3T Adventure 5 speed

Current: Mr. Red Roc'T 10 H3T Alpha OffRoad / XXLH3 10 H3 Alpha OffRoad

Thanks

The durometer of the bushing material needs to match for both the engine and transmission as they are rigidly bolted together. Unfortunately the design of the alpha engine mounts are much harder to make but we are looking into it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to atvspeed4 For This Useful Post:

MUTAINT (10-19-2016)

Thanks

Finally had a chance to install our new HD motor mounts and transmission mount. After we get some testing done we will get these on the market around March

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atvspeed4 For This Useful Post:

bunger (02-07-2017),ChgoUAV (02-07-2017),MUTAINT (02-07-2017)

Thanks

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atvspeed4 For This Useful Post:

ChgoUAV (02-08-2017),H3Hummer (02-08-2017),lchase3t (02-08-2017),MUTAINT (02-08-2017)

Thanks

What's the coin amount for these

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

addiction level: 4

Thanks

Nice! That's awesome to hear you guys are making another great product! Will it be a bushing kit that would reuse the old metal frame/mount or a complete engine/trans mount? Will the transmission mount be compatible between the automatic and manual? One more question! Any updates on the the lift kit/Rancho replacement you guys were working on?

Mayor of Drummond Island

Thanks
    Thanked 1,001 Times in 738 Posts

Another well built product from O.D.
    I like that they will not release something until it is thoroughly tested.
    . . . . .
    "I'd rather be lost on Drummond Island than found on the Mainland!"
    Previously owned: Mr. Black H3 Alpha OffRoad, Mr. Orange 08 H3 Alpha, Mr. Blue 08 H3 Alpha OffRoad, Mr. "T" 09 H3T Adventure 5 speed

Current: Mr. Red Roc'T 10 H3T Alpha OffRoad / XXLH3 10 H3 Alpha OffRoad

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MUTAINT For This Useful Post:

atvspeed4 (02-08-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChgoUAV View Post
    Nice! That's awesome to hear you guys are making another great product! Will it be a bushing kit that would reuse the old metal frame/mount or a complete engine/trans mount? Will the transmission mount be compatible between the automatic and manual? One more question! Any updates on the the lift kit/Rancho replacement you guys were working on?
    They are totally new fabricated mounts as the factory mounts do not have the bolt hole in the exact middle so you cannot just press out the factory rubber bushing and put in the new ones unfortunately. These should outlast the rest of the vehicle fortunately as they are a pain in the a$$ to replace, you only want to do it once...lol

I believe the transmission mount is the same between the 4l60 and the aisin 5 speed.

In regards to the lift kit, someone bought all of the rancho steering knuckles right as we tried to order so we will not be able to put a complete kit into production until we find a alternative to those knuckles. We WILL be able to provide ongoing part replacement for any of the fabricated components in the future for current lift kit owners or those that purchase a used kit (except for the knuckles obviously).

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atvspeed4 For This Useful Post:

bunger (02-10-2017),ChgoUAV (02-08-2017),Jphh20 (02-10-2017)

Thanks

Nice! Looking closer at the pic of the O.D. mounts and comparing them to a set of new GM motor mounts I was going into install, Not anymore!! Those pieces look solid like they're built for a tank!
    Hey I'm interested in doing the front end lift portion of that type of lift kit or something similar. I know the replacement parts that you guys produce will be superior to Ranchos except for the knuckles which I'll have to find. The reason I only want the front end portion is even at 24" upfront and stock shackles on the rear with Old Man Emu leaf springs it still has a lot of rake but the ride quality with their torsion bars and leaf springs is superior to the stock stuff.
    Since you guys are making those "Monster Motor Mounts" what's your take on doing a single turbo (T3/T4) setup? Nothing crazy just a bit more power which the inline 5's really need especially with all the added offroad equipment. I've seen pre-fabbed turbo manifolds for sale and quite a few of the "355" guys have turbo setups on stock motors (parts/compression) If any company out there that could, You guys would be the ones to build it, Test it and sell it to us heathens!! Locking in more of the niche market!!
    Last edited by ChgoUAV; 02-15-2017 at 04:18 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ChgoUAV For This Useful Post:

Snowman (02-16-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chgouav View Post
    ...what's your take on doing a single turbo (t3/t4) setup? Nothing crazy just a bit more power which the inline 5's really need especially with all the added offroad equipment. I've seen pre-fabbed turbo manifolds for sale and quite a few of the "355" guys have turbo setups on stock motors (parts/compression) if any company out there that could, you guys would be the ones to build it, test it and sell it to us heathens!! Locking in more of the niche market!!
    yes please!
    2009 I5x5Adv H3T (adopted Aug'13), Driver: Snowman; Front+Rear lockers, BA bumper+12K# Badlands winch, Fierce Attitude 35's on cstm pntd Tactical whlz (not winter), Duratrac 35's on cstm pntd MB whlz (winter), AirDoc intake, CB-UCP, RR Rock Sliders, TomP low profile shock mounts, CB-Hunner Skids.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowman For This Useful Post:

ChgoUAV (02-22-2017)

Thanks

We have had several months of testing these and while I love how responsive the motor feels with these mounts we feel that they may be a little to stiff for most people so we are going to have custom poly bushings made for the engine mounts and then just include matching poly off the shelf Energy Suspension transmission mount in the kit. Once our new vendor is up and running with the jig for these and we receive the run of custom poly bushings we can begin selling them. (Estimating two months)

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atvspeed4 For This Useful Post:

bunger (07-21-2017),MUTAINT (07-20-2017)

Thanks

Liking the looks of these! Of course all your stuff is droolworthy.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to IRONHORSE1 For This Useful Post:

atvspeed4 (07-20-2017)