Thread: Special H2s - 38/39th truck built

addiction level: 3
    Thanks

Special H2s - 38/39th truck built

In the past I've found through random searches random "special" H2s, including a longbed H2 with a slight bodylift and larger tailpipe, pointing to being a test vehicle for the 4.5L diesel that the trucks almost got. I'm further convinced because the vehicle was in a SouthBend junkyard, all 2009 features plus the longbed and peculiar body lift associated with Diesel engine transmissions.

Today's installment is what I believe to be the 38th or 39th H2 ever built (not sure if VINs start at 1 or 0) I didn't pay attention to the VIN until I noticed that this truck had a Redline mark on the RPM gauge, something that I've never seen on even the early trucks that still had the in cabin air filter, hood props rods, and underhood lights, none of which lasted past the first 1,000 or so trucks from what I've found.

Another note I would make is that the center console tray is wider and more squared off, meaning this might be one of the few tricks to ever leave the factory with the rubber mat insert that's in all the parts catalogs listed as unavailable. Center console tray doesn't look like the one in my 03.

The beige Airbag lasted for quite a while in the production, possibly half of the production quantity of 03? Fairly common when I remember looking at 03s several years back.

https://abetter.bid/en/37975316-2003-hummer-h2

Not very far from me, but I'm not someone that can get in those auctions so, oh well.

Obviously some of what I said is speculation, but the redline is definitely rare.

addiction level: 1
    Thanks

Re: Special H2s - 38/39th truck built

The truck is no longer listed unfortunately. Do you recall if it had the lighter silver dash parts as in what's in this picture?Hummer-H2_SUV-2003-1280-23.jpg.

Thanks

It does actually, I have pictures I'll try to post within the next week that I screenshot.

I actually never noticed that, but sitting in my July 2003 built 2003 model year truck right now the center stack has a lot more pewter coloration compared to the one in the pictures.

addiction level: 4
    Thanks

EDIT: Think I found it: https://www.myauto.ge/ka/detail/22596265

Was it burgundy? If you do a Google image search on the VIN that burgundy one comes up a few times. No real good shots though...

https://www.google.com/search?q=5GRG...=1920&bih=1021

Last edited by guruerror; 01-05-2017 at 09:41 AM.

Thanks

That's it, though for whatever reason it's missing the center stack picture which the original post had.IMG_4857.jpg

addiction level: 1
    Thanks

For some reason I cannot pull that up on Abetterbid.com. I'm assuming the truck sold. It was a good find.

Also, to answer your question on the airbags; i've noticed the switch happened somewhere between truck number 12k and 18k which were built in 2002.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure there were only 5 days left on it when I originally posted unfortunately.