Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Suspension H3

Thread: Suspension H3

addiction level: 1
    Thanks

Suspension H3

I was wondering what suspension lift can I get besides a torsion key set up. For a 2010 H3 Alpha V8. Would like a nice one as I only have 40,000 miles on it and plan on keeping it for a lot more years. Reasoning for lift is clearance for larger tires and off mild off road. Figure 12 miles to a gallon can go to 8.

Administrator CFO

Thanks

Re: Suspension H3

First, welcome to CHO

Second, torsion key "leveling kits" are a waste of money, NOT needed on an H3.
    A simple adjusting of the torsion bars will level the truck.

Third, there is no longer ANYONE making a suspension lift kit for the H3.
    Rancho was the last one but there is no longer any available as of a few months ago.

Lastly, 35" tires will fit on a stock unmodified H3 with no problems.
    A lot of us run 315/75/16 tires with the torsion bar adjustment to level (because it looks good)
    Since you have an Alpha, you have the power to run 37" tires but that will require running a Daystar, 1" body lift and minor trimming of some of the plastic in the wheel well area.

Here is a picture of mine with just torsion bar adjustment to level, 1' body lift and 315/75/16 (35") tires.

Last edited by bunger; 06-06-2017 at 08:42 AM.
    Golden Ballz - 9/11 - ROTM - 1/12

"It was a good idea, right up until it wasn't."

Mayor of Drummond Island

Thanks
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 747 Posts

Hello and Welcome to CHO.

I 100% agree with everything bunger stated above. For Mild OffRoad 315/75R16 (35") tires will get you almost anywhere.
    . . . . .
    "I'd rather be lost on Drummond Island than found on the Mainland!"
    Previously owned: Mr. Black H3 Alpha OffRoad, Mr. Orange 08 H3 Alpha, Mr. Blue 08 H3 Alpha OffRoad, Mr. "T" 09 H3T Adventure 5 speed

Current: Mr. Red Roc'T 10 H3T Alpha OffRoad / XXLH3 10 H3 Alpha OffRoad

Thanks

You may be able to find a rancho setup for sale used, may be!!!

Oh, welcome......

Chris

Thanks

Thanks for the info as I see a lot of stuff out there, but have to ask to know so I don't waste money. I figure since H3 is out of warranty now time to change it up a little and where else to come to find the answers. Thanks for the warm welcome going to try to figure out weather to find (Rancho) lift or just level. Thanks again

addiction level: 5
    Thanks

Hello and welcome to CHO. Bunger and Mutaint did say everything important to know so....start your mods and don't forget to post some pics.

God did not build mountains in vain, but to be climbed by Hummers,
    2006 H3 3,5L manual transmission ,Adventure pack with 4:1 Tcase and rear diff locker, 2,5" front lift ,Bilstein 5100 front shocks with 1/2" extended Bump stops, 1,25" rear lift warrior shakles, 315/75/16 COOPER STT PRO , UCP, tow package, PCM tune, home made snorkel (under hood) , optima yellow.

Thanks

Ur other only option is going solid axle that allows 4" up to 8" of lift over stock...thorspart sell the whole kit you need in a pallet. I believe they start at 5k and they go up depend8ng on what things u want.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Figure 12 miles to a gallon can go to 8.
    Wow, that's lousy mileage. My '08 Alpha with 285's consistently gets 15mpg mixed driving. But I also try to keep my foot out of it :D
    We don't stop playing because we grow old...we grow old because we stop playing.

Thanks

15?!! Are you towing it?? I get 10 mpg if I stay below 70; 78 drops to below 8. I do have the BA front bumper and the GOBI roof rack, but I've never seen anything in the vicinity of 15...

Thanks

You can still get a nice kit that includes shocks, springs and Torsion bars. But your only talking a slight ride height. But you will have a much better ride on and off road.

Mayor of Drummond Island

Thanks
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 747 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by beachin View Post
    You can still get a nice kit that includes shocks, springs and Torsion bars. But your only talking a slight ride height. But you will have a much better ride on and off road.
    Unless all of those components are worn there is no need to replace any of those items just to fit 315/75R16s.
    . . . . .
    "I'd rather be lost on Drummond Island than found on the Mainland!"
    Previously owned: Mr. Black H3 Alpha OffRoad, Mr. Orange 08 H3 Alpha, Mr. Blue 08 H3 Alpha OffRoad, Mr. "T" 09 H3T Adventure 5 speed

Current: Mr. Red Roc'T 10 H3T Alpha OffRoad / XXLH3 10 H3 Alpha OffRoad

Thanks

I agree. That size is on my truck. Old Man EMU just has better components than OEM. I will probably just get the four shocks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wgellatly View Post
    15?!! Are you towing it?? I get 10 mpg if I stay below 70; 78 drops to below 8. I do have the BA front bumper and the GOBI roof rack, but I've never seen anything in the vicinity of 15...
    Nope, not towing it. It's my daily driver (actually, every other week; I drive my H3 one week, and my old Tercel one week), 60 mile round trip commute at 75mph, plus driving around town. I've got 120,000 miles on it, all stock, no heavy bumpers or anything. I was getting 1/2 mpg better till I added the 50" light bar. Only time my mileage dips lower is when I off-road it; then I don't even bother looking! I consistently go 300 miles before my fuel light comes on, and at that point I've still got 3 gallons left in the tank.
    Last edited by 650Hawk; 06-21-2017 at 07:58 PM.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old...we grow old because we stop playing.

Thanks

I constantly get 15 mpg mixed driving, and 17 mpg all highway, here in vegas, and always running the a/c. Mine is an 06 stock H3.

Thanks

I get 12-14 no matter how I drive. Bumpers, winch, Dana 44 front, 5.13s, and 37" BFGs.

At first it might seem horrendous but, if you compare it to other rigs that are as capable off-road...you find nothing even comes close. In fact, most rigs built to this level cannot cruise at 75 mph with AC blowin, stereo boomin, with all the comforts Hummer is known for. I just got home from wheelin with the Michigan crew at the Badlands...flogged the piss out of it, and drove 2hrs each way. Every time I make a run like this I'm reminded of just how unique the Hummer is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 4speedfunk For This Useful Post:

MUTAINT (06-26-2017)

addiction level: 5
    Thanks

Second that, you're sooo right bro.

God did not build mountains in vain, but to be climbed by Hummers,
    2006 H3 3,5L manual transmission ,Adventure pack with 4:1 Tcase and rear diff locker, 2,5" front lift ,Bilstein 5100 front shocks with 1/2" extended Bump stops, 1,25" rear lift warrior shakles, 315/75/16 COOPER STT PRO , UCP, tow package, PCM tune, home made snorkel (under hood) , optima yellow.