Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Water logged

Thread: Water logged

Thanks

Water logged

Well guys it seems the wife did the unthinkable today, left her windows half open and sunroof wide open on the Impala LTZ. Yes, leather, Bose and all that....now shes on the way home and radio will NOT turn off and is "freaking out" on her, "pools of water on the floorboards and all. I'm hoping the car isn't totaled, hell even a replacement stereo is out of the question right now.
    Anyone have any insight or words of hope?

Mayor of Drummond Island

Thanks
    Thanked 1,001 Times in 738 Posts

Re: Water logged

Hope it's under warranty or you have very forgiving insurance.
    Last edited by MUTAINT; 08-03-2017 at 12:19 PM.
    . . . . .
    "I'd rather be lost on Drummond Island than found on the Mainland!"
    Previously owned: Mr. Black H3 Alpha OffRoad, Mr. Orange 08 H3 Alpha, Mr. Blue 08 H3 Alpha OffRoad, Mr. "T" 09 H3T Adventure 5 speed

Current: Mr. Red Roc'T 10 H3T Alpha OffRoad / XXLH3 10 H3 Alpha OffRoad

Thanks

Thanks but yeah...right. Guess I didn't mention it's a 2010, so yeah. Out of warranty.
    She decided to call a dealership near her work and was told a steam clean is out of the question...told her the carpets should be pulled and left to dry for a couple days, they'd be happy to do it. Of cousre they'd charge 400-500 usd for the job.
    My thoughts? The dealership would do the same thing I did last night, shop vac the hell out of it and put fans on it for a day or so and collect the money. A typical quick and dirty.
    I told her I've done this crap before and though it's not fun I can do it again. The stereo? As of this A.M. it seemed to be working fine including steering wheel controls.

addiction level: 4

Thanks

Oh man sorry to hear, Sounds like it's recovering!!. Hopefully some good dry weather and running the hell out the floor/heater/setting helps!

Thanks

Thanks, so far so good. I told her the stealership would try to soak her per say, their body shop told her that she needed a passenger occupancy sensor because the passenger seat belt light kept coming on but after a couple days it hasn't done it. Like I told her, it was likely due to the seat having just enough extra weight from the moisture to trip the sensor and once it dried out it wouldn't do it. Bottom line the estimate ran up to over $1000.00 for the labor and the sensor. How much ya wanna bet they would have simply vacuumed it again, put a fan or two on it, not replaced anything and raped her for the grand.
    Not gonna throw them under the bus but they are near her work in Grand Blank MI and used to be a Hummer Dealer. Lol