Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
MY Bags Deflated...WTF.??

Thread: MY Bags Deflated...WTF.??

Dances with Stumps
    Thanks

MY Bags Deflated...WTF.??

Went to a Car Show With The Vette the other day. Left about 9:AM..When I got Home about 6 hours later I noticed my 2009 Fatboy ass end was hanging down. So I got under the rear and looked at the Air Bags on the rear Suspension. They were bottomed out? It's like some one let the air out of the Foot Ball.

So I got in and fired the deuce up. Nothing... The Compressor wasn't running. It just sat there saged. So then I hit the lift button on the dash. The compressor came on and pumped Her up to full height.

After it hit full lift (2" over normal ride height) i then hit the button again to lower it to normal ride height. Bingo.. Went right back to normal ride height. It's been fine ever since yesterday. It hasn't lost any air or ride height.

I wonder WTF happened to cause both bags to deflate. Any Idea's?
    2009 HUMMER H2 Fully Loaded
    65 Corvette Coupe"GMPP 502 Big Block": MSD FI
    "ALCOHOL"
    "BECAUSE NO GREAT STORY EVER STARTED WITH SOMEONE EATING A SALAD"

Thanks

Re: MY Bags Deflated...WTF.??

Cold weather maybe?

Dances with Stumps
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IRONHORSE1 View Post
    Cold weather maybe?
    Good call... But the compressor should have come on when I fired her up. Any way to day I was out and parked for about 1 hour. The H2 was still at normal ride height. I fired her up and opened the rear cargo door to load some stuff. At that point the compressor came on and I could hear it running and puffing air to level.

It leveled out after about 20 seconds. I'm not sure how that Meck works but it might have gotten something caught in the air release valve in the compressor housing form before when i first had the deflate problem.

When I pumped it up to full ride height the first time and them lowered it it could have dislodged some dirt in the air release valve.

The leveling system must wait for some time and then check it's height before it turns on. Sometimes when I drive and come to a stop...I can feel it running and then shut off. This is the way it has always worked.

I'll have to get out my shop manual and try and see how they set this system up.
    "ALCOHOL"

addiction level: 2
    Thanks

There is a diagnostic function which can be accessed by the GM Tech2, called "Depressureize System" so the functionality is there. Tech2 disgnostic options are:-

"1, Compressor Test"
    "2, Depressureize System"
    "3, Calibrate Trim Height"
    "4, Exhaust Solenoid"
    "5, Left Air Solenoid"
    "6, Right Air Solenoid"
    "7, Extended Ride Height Lamp"
    "8, Extended Ride Height Switch"
    "9, Inflator Switch Lamp"
    "10, Inflator Switch"
    "11, Request ASM Info. for SPS"

These may provide a clue as to what components there are and what they do.

Perhaps there is a secret "Back-Door" way in to do this, can you think of anything you pressed around that time? (it would be good to know)

Other than a compressor/solenoid problem thats all the info I have.

Dances with Stumps
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceanbrave View Post
    There is a diagnostic function which can be accessed by the GM Tech2, called "Depressureize System" so the functionality is there. Tech2 disgnostic options are:-

"1, Compressor Test"
    "2, Depressureize System"
    "3, Calibrate Trim Height"
    "4, Exhaust Solenoid"
    "5, Left Air Solenoid"
    "6, Right Air Solenoid"
    "7, Extended Ride Height Lamp"
    "8, Extended Ride Height Switch"
    "9, Inflator Switch Lamp"
    "10, Inflator Switch"
    "11, Request ASM Info. for SPS"

These may provide a clue as to what components there are and what they do.

Perhaps there is a secret "Back-Door" way in to do this, can you think of anything you pressed around that time? (it would be good to know)

Other than a compressor/solenoid problem thats all the info I have.

Wow ..That's some great Info.... Thank You. I have a Friend with a GM Tech 2... Plus I'll jump into my Shop Manuals and read up further. I know a Few days before I was running some Power lines for a Rear Mounted camera Thru the rig from front to back. The Motor was off and I had removed about one half of my stuff in the back. But it wasn't that much weight.

Didn't notice the as s end drop till three or four days latter after returning from the cra show. And I had used the H2 the day before. So.....Some where between 9:AM and 3:PM it just dropped down.

Maybe I'll throw my cheapo code reader on it and see if anything pop's up.

Thanks for the lead.
    "ALCOHOL"

Thanks

"I have a Friend with a GM Tech 2..." Wish one of my friends had one, need to do the automated ABS valve on the kids truck.

Dances with Stumps
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IRONHORSE1 View Post
    "I have a Friend with a GM Tech 2..." Wish one of my friends had one, need to do the automated ABS valve on the kids truck.
    Was getting the the tires rotated and Balanced at my Local Auto shop. These guys use and are the distributors for HUNTER Road Force balancers. This machine drops a big roller down on the tire while it's spinning and puts a 1200 Lb force on the tire while it's being checked for balance.

Anyway.. These guys are tops in their field and have every GM and ASE certification you can get. Their walls are plastered with diplomas form all the schooling they have had. I spoke with them about the bag problem. They assured me that this does happen once in a Blue moon. He said that a small piece of debris might have gotten stuck in the main outlet solenoid valve.

Since it has been working OK for the last 3 or 4 days , he said not to worry about it. He could have made money on me by hooking up the GM Tech puter but told me I'd be wasting my Money.

So... I'm just going to forget about it.... If It ain't broke .... Don't fix it.
    "ALCOHOL"