Thread: Headlight revolution starr hid saga***

Mayor of Drummond Island

Thanks
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 767 Posts

Rant Headlight revolution starr hid saga***

***HEADLIGHT REVOLUTION STARR HID SAGA***

Dec 29th 2017: Contacted HEADLIGHTREVOLUTION.COM @ (218) 755 - 5505 and asked about the availability of the EXACT STARR HID lights I wanted. They said they had everything in stock and will ship within 1 day of the order.

Dec 29th 2017 within 5 minutes of talking to them on the phone: I ordered (1 x STARR HID XP7002C Bi-Xenon Chrome Projector Headlights Kit 2005 - 2010 Hummer H3 (Ballast Power: 55w 5,000 Lumen)) on HEADLIGHTREVOLUTION.COM paid Via PayPal.

Dec 29th 2017: PayPal payment goes through
    Waiting . Waiting. Waiting (I get that new years is on Monday).

Jan 3rd 2018: Still no shipment notice, emialed HEADLIGHTREVOLUTION.COM, the rep says they don't have some of the parts in stock and that they are expecting more today. I tell him they had everything in stock the day I ordered. He said "we have new guys here and they don't always check". He tells me my shipment will go out tomorrow. I am OK with that.

Jan 4th 2018: No shipment notification. I email and I ask for a FULL refund. He comes back with a 2 day air shipment on them and a coupon code for a future order. OK, I'll take it.

Jan 4th 2018: Finally and email notification of shipment (YES!!!)

Jan 8th 2018: Package arrives! (2 day air takes 3 UPS business days???), I open it and open each individual box. The Bulbs and ballasts are for a 35w system and the right sealed light has 2 pieces of chromed plastic about the size of a large BB making racket inside the lens.

Jan 8th 2018: Called HEADLIGHTREVOLUTION.COM @ (218) 755 - 5505 and told them of the multiple issues I have with the shipment. They say they will ship me out the new bulbs, ballasts and right light housing in a few days. NOPE, I want it in 2 days at your expense. they say OK.

Jan 9th 2018: Shipment notification!

Jan 10th 2018: Shipment arrives! I open it and open each individual box. 2 55w ballasts and 1 right light housing. No bulbs??

Jan 10th 2018: Called HEADLIGHTREVOLUTION.COM @ (218) 755 - 5505 and told them no bulbs. The guy on the phone says that the bulbs for the 35w and the 55w are the same. I ask why the bulbs have different #s and pricing on their website and he gives me some B.S. about chaning that on the website to show 1 bulb for both. I don't believe him and my research begins!

Jan 11-16th 2018: Wheeling trip!

I totally forget to contact Starr directly and ask about the bulbs.

Jan 24th: I contact Starr HID via BookFace (I HATE BOOKFACE!!!) and they tell me that there are definitely different bulbs for the 35w and 55w.

Jan 25th: Called HEADLIGHTREVOLUTION.COM @ (218) 755 - 5505, speak with Austin, this dude knows his sheit! I tell him what I have and what happened. he says I would have burned up the 35w bulb fast and he offers and apology for the previous mistakes and misinformation and tells me that he will have the 55w bulbs sent out today.

WAITING for shipment notification... I still haven't bench tested the components I have since I haven't had the correct items to test. Let's see if everything works on the bench when I finally receive the correct bulbs.
    Last edited by MUTAINT; 01-25-2018 at 01:25 PM.
    . . . . .
    "I'd rather be lost on Drummond Island than found on the Mainland!"
    Previously owned: Mr. Black H3 Alpha OffRoad, Mr. Orange 08 H3 Alpha, Mr. Blue 08 H3 Alpha OffRoad, Mr. "T" 09 H3T Adventure 5 speed

Current: Mr. Red Roc'T 10 H3T Alpha OffRoad / XXLH3 10 H3 Alpha OffRoad

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MUTAINT For This Useful Post:

H3Hummer (04-13-2018)

Mayor of Drummond Island

Thanks
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 767 Posts

Re: Headlight revolution starr hid saga***

I have had the STARR HID lights mounted and properly aimed (took a little bit of drive/aim/drive/aim to get them where I wanted them).

The light output is GREAT and no blinding of oncoming traffic even with 37s & 1" body lift.
    I do have to be concuss of small cars stopped in front of me at traffic lights ( I stay 3/4 car length as not to blind them in the rear view mirror).
    They have a very crisp cutoff that takes a little getting use to.
    Other than that they are the 2nd best thing I have done to the T since owning it.
    . . . . .
    "I'd rather be lost on Drummond Island than found on the Mainland!"
    Previously owned: Mr. Black H3 Alpha OffRoad, Mr. Orange 08 H3 Alpha, Mr. Blue 08 H3 Alpha OffRoad, Mr. "T" 09 H3T Adventure 5 speed

Current: Mr. Red Roc'T 10 H3T Alpha OffRoad / XXLH3 10 H3 Alpha OffRoad

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MUTAINT For This Useful Post:

H3Hummer (04-13-2018),Manualman (04-14-2018)