Thread: 2007 H3 I-5 Torsion Bars

addiction level: 2
    Thanks

2007 H3 I-5 Torsion Bars

Hey all,
    I have had SAW Torsion Bars for many years and just snapped one of them. What are the best options out there now? It doesn't look like SAW makes them anymore. I think Old Man Emu might, and sent them an email. Or, are we down to Alpha bars? My truck is pretty modified and on 35's, so stock t-bars are not for me.
    Thanks,
    Paul
    2007 H3 5 speed, Adv/Lux, Eaton TVS 1320 supercharger, Rebuilt engine with custom pistons, Gibson tail pipes, Flowmaster 50 Series muffler, custom mid-pipe, Long tube header, Custom tune, 200 Amp Alterstart alternator, Electric fan, Custom cold air intake, Coil pack mod, Ron Davis radiator, ARB torsion bars, Samco shackles, Fox shocks, Trail Duty bump stops, Outfitter Design X-member bushings steering rack mounts and tie rods, Rocky Road rock sliders w/Line-X coating, Tomp rear shock skids, 35" BFG AT tires w/Tactical Rims, Gobi Stealth Rack w/ladder, shovel/axe and Hi-Lift mount

Thanks

Re: 2007 H3 I-5 Torsion Bars

Quote Originally Posted by 6pack View Post
    Hey all,
    I have had SAW Torsion Bars for many years and just snapped one of them. What are the best options out there now? It doesn't look like SAW makes them anymore. I think Old Man Emu might, and sent them an email. Or, are we down to Alpha bars? My truck is pretty modified and on 35's, so stock t-bars are not for me.
    Thanks,
    Paul
    Rocky Road Outfitters still sells the OME's, and I was Gmpartsdirect today looking for bars for my rig and they still show they have them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    "yours may go fast but mine goes everywhere"

Youtube.com -TheLC73&H3T-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDA...SjKEOkRaTkYppg
    Instagram - TheLC73H3T-https://www.instagram.com/thelc73h3t_/
    Georgia Overland - http://georgiaoverland.blogspot.com/...-road-and.html
    Georgia Bounty Runners Off Road Club- http://www.sfwda.org/gbr

Mayor of Drummond Island

Thanks
    Thanked 1,030 Times in 762 Posts

For your I5 H3, OEM Alpha torsion bars are very similar in relation to the SAW Tbars.
    The SAW bars were manufactured before the Alpha came out to assist with winches, bumpers, etc hanging off the front of 06-07 H3s.
    I haven't had a ride in an H3 or H3T with the OME Tbars yet. I love their Nitro Charger shocks so I would probably go to them when I need new Tbars.
    . . . . .
    "I'd rather be lost on Drummond Island than found on the Mainland!"
    Previously owned: Mr. Black H3 Alpha OffRoad, Mr. Orange 08 H3 Alpha, Mr. Blue 08 H3 Alpha OffRoad, Mr. "T" 09 H3T Adventure 5 speed

Current: Mr. Red Roc'T 10 H3T Alpha OffRoad / XXLH3 10 H3 Alpha OffRoad

Thanks

I heard from OME and they claim only a 0.75" increase in ride height. They say the pretty much did a stock bar that could handle the extra weight of a heavy front ARB bar and winch. It's been a while since I did the SAW's, but I think I got about 1.5" out of them. It sounds like the 30.5mm diameter Alpha bars might be better?
    Last edited by 6pack; 02-27-2018 at 10:18 AM.
    2007 H3 5 speed, Adv/Lux, Eaton TVS 1320 supercharger, Rebuilt engine with custom pistons, Gibson tail pipes, Flowmaster 50 Series muffler, custom mid-pipe, Long tube header, Custom tune, 200 Amp Alterstart alternator, Electric fan, Custom cold air intake, Coil pack mod, Ron Davis radiator, ARB torsion bars, Samco shackles, Fox shocks, Trail Duty bump stops, Outfitter Design X-member bushings steering rack mounts and tie rods, Rocky Road rock sliders w/Line-X coating, Tomp rear shock skids, 35" BFG AT tires w/Tactical Rims, Gobi Stealth Rack w/ladder, shovel/axe and Hi-Lift mount

Thanks

I found in another thread that the Alpha 30.5mm bar part numbers are: L93357121/R93357122. When I put that number into GM Parts Direct it shows that it is for the H3T. Are they the same length as the H3?

Mayor of Drummond Island

Thanks
    Thanked 1,030 Times in 762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 6pack View Post
    I found in another thread that the Alpha 30.5mm bar part numbers are: L93357121/R93357122. When I put that number into GM Parts Direct it shows that it is for the H3T. Are they the same length as the H3?
    H3/H3T share ALL front suspension and drive train parts
    . . . . .
    "I'd rather be lost on Drummond Island than found on the Mainland!"
    Previously owned: Mr. Black H3 Alpha OffRoad, Mr. Orange 08 H3 Alpha, Mr. Blue 08 H3 Alpha OffRoad, Mr. "T" 09 H3T Adventure 5 speed

Current: Mr. Red Roc'T 10 H3T Alpha OffRoad / XXLH3 10 H3 Alpha OffRoad

Thanks

I ended up going with the ARB bars. I got the same ride height and ride quality as the SAW's. Thanks for the help!

Here's the snapped bar:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 6pack For This Useful Post:

H3Hummer (03-26-2018)

addiction level: 5
    Thanks

Thanks for info, how much $$ and where did you get them?

God did not build mountains in vain, but to be climbed by Hummers,
    2006 H3 3,5L manual transmission ,Adventure pack with 4:1 Tcase and rear diff locker, 2,5" front lift ,Bilstein 5100 front shocks with 1/2" extended Bump stops, 1,25" rear lift warrior shakles and Bilstein 4600,
    315/75/16 COOPER STT PRO , UCP, tow package, PCM tune, home made snorkel (under hood) , optima yellow.

Thanks

You're welcome. :) Any ARB dealer can get them. I want to say they were $388 for the pair.