Thread: New BFG KM3 - anyone pulled the trigger?

addiction level: 3
    Thanks

New BFG KM3 - anyone pulled the trigger?

I may be way behind on the times but I recently noticed that BFG introduced new KM3 to replace the KM2 Mud Terrains.

They have two sizes I'm interested in 37x12.5r17 or the 39x13.5r17 sizes

I bought 37x12.5x17 KO2 All-Terrains not long after they were introduced, I'm sure anyone reading this can find those pics on this forum.

The KO1/2 37's should have been the factory tire size, they seem stock and fill out the wheel-wells as it should.

Now for numbers:

KO2 37x12.5r17 actual size is a small 35.6 inches brand new, fairly small for a 37 but perfect for the H2 and doesn't drag out all power.

KM3 37x12.5r17 actual size is 36.5 inches - much better

KM3 39x13.5r17 actual size is 38.5 inches - almost too much

Interested to see these start trickling onto our trucks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to iwillnc For This Useful Post:

V.I. Massive (11-29-2019)

addiction level: 5
    Thanks

Re: New BFG KM3 - anyone pulled the trigger?

well hope we get some pics of KM3's. They didn't come in Luxemburg in 315/75/16 size, that's why i got the STT Pro's

God did not build mountains in vain, but to be climbed by Hummers,
    2006 H3 3,5L manual transmission ,Adventure pack with 4:1 Tcase and rear diff locker, 2,5" front lift ,Bilstein 5100 front shocks with 1/2" extended Bump stops, 1,25" rear lift warrior shakles and Bilstein 4600, 315/75/16 COOPER STT PRO , UCP, tow package, PCM tune, home made snorkel (under hood) , optima yellow.

addiction level: 1
    Thanks

Yep. Bought mine in May but didn't actually get them until July. They look good, ride good, are pretty loud, and work very well for where I off road.
    I'll try to post some pics of them on my rig tonight after work.

I'd recommend.
    KM3 37x12.5r17 is the size on my rig.

Thanks

I have the KM3 in 37x12.5r17s on my rig. They do have some road noise but not significant. My other H3 has 33 hankooks and those are much louder.
    The ride is acceptable, slight vibes at 60 mph which goes away at 70 but I guess they arent balanced perfectly. Drove em up to 110 and still handled fine. Look way better than the KO2s but probably not as agressive as other MTs. They do require abit more input at the steering wheel (on an H3) but overall Im happy with them and I do 60 mile commutes a day. They do have a performance impact.

addiction level: 5
    Thanks

they look bad ass on your rig

God did not build mountains in vain, but to be climbed by Hummers,
    2006 H3 3,5L manual transmission ,Adventure pack with 4:1 Tcase and rear diff locker, 2,5" front lift ,Bilstein 5100 front shocks with 1/2" extended Bump stops, 1,25" rear lift warrior shakles and Bilstein 4600, 315/75/16 COOPER STT PRO , UCP, tow package, PCM tune, home made snorkel (under hood) , optima yellow.

Thanks

They do look very good on your truck I also really like your fog lights.

if anyone has them on an H2 post them up also.

The KO2s have been wearing well so between the H2 no longer being a daily driver and my current needs they have suited me very well. I think my biggest issue still, is that the KO2 is about an inch or two too small for my tastes on my truck. They ride and look great but I think I want something just slightly larger to better fill out wheel wells.

I’m still a ways away from buying tires but I love seeing what’s out there on our trucks, they look great on the H3 above.

Thanks

The KO2 on 37s look great, were my first choice but not available in this town. They are smaller than the KM3s though. I believe they even have 39s which could make up for the size difference.
    As for the lights, O.D. used to sell the brackets to mount those on the 3. Had to get them in hope one day Ill also upgrade the headlights to LEDs too.