Thread: CBUCP coming back, new & improved

Cravin' What I Can't Have

Thanks

CBUCP coming back, new & improved

Anybody needing Under Carriage Protection for H3/H3T? I've got my fab shop working on improving my old design to increase strength and reduce bending, looking to see if I should have more than one or 2 sets made.
    2010 H3T Alpha, 4:1 T-case, Eaton Lockers front & Rear, Derale external trans cooler, CBUCP, CBphoto Winchmount, Ridge Demon Rock Bashers, AirDoc, Smittybuilt 10k winch, Hunner skids, 35" Cepek Extreme Country shoes, Daystar 1" body lift

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CBphoto For This Useful Post:

bunger (01-31-2019),H3Hummer (01-31-2019),MUTAINT (01-30-2019)

Mayor of Drummond Island

Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 783 Posts

Somenews Re: CBUCP coming back, new & improved

. . . . .
    "I'd rather be lost on Drummond Island than found on the Mainland!"
    Previously owned: Mr. Black H3 Alpha OffRoad, Mr. Orange 08 H3 Alpha, Mr. Blue 08 H3 Alpha OffRoad, Mr. "T" 09 H3T Adventure 5 speed, XXLH3 10 H3 Alpha OffRoad

Current: Mr. Red Roc'T 10 H3T Alpha OffRoad soon to SAS/SOA

Thanks

Re: CBUCP coming back, new & improved

I'm in need of UCP for a 2009 H3T. Are cross member mounting hole locations the only thing that would need to be modified in order to work with a Tuff Country lift, or are there other compatibility issues?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mayor of Drummond Island

Thanks

If, you are talking about the 4" Rough Country suspension lift and not just torsion bar keys I believe the only part of any H3/H3T UCP you can use is the rear portion protecting the Tcase.
    The remainder (2 front skids) would need to be custom made.

I think CBphoto can have just the rear portion made for you.
    Last edited by MUTAINT; 02-05-2019 at 08:42 AM.
    . . . . .
    Previously owned: Mr. Black H3 Alpha OffRoad, Mr. Orange 08 H3 Alpha, Mr. Blue 08 H3 Alpha OffRoad, Mr. "T" 09 H3T Adventure 5 speed, XXLH3 10 H3 Alpha OffRoad

Thanks

yah, what MU said....
    2010 H3T Alpha, 4:1 T-case, Eaton Lockers front & Rear, Derale external trans cooler, CBUCP, CBphoto Winchmount, Ridge Demon Rock Bashers, AirDoc, Smittybuilt 10k winch, Hunner skids, 35" Cepek Extreme Country shoes, Daystar 1" body lift

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MUTAINT View Post
    If, you are talking about the 4" Rough Country suspension lift and not just torsion bar keys I believe the only part of any H3/H3T UCP you can use is the rear portion protecting the Tcase.
    The remainder (2 front skids) would need to be custom made.

I think CBphoto can have just the rear portion made for you.
    I wasn't aware Rough Country made a 4" suspension lift, but I am referring to the Tuff Country 4" suspension lift system (Part # 14040).

I understand the rear t-case UCP will work, since nothing on this section is modified from stock with this suspension lift kit.

The Tuff Country suspension lift kit comes with its own front lower skid plate that mounts to, and protects everything in between, the front and rear cross members. So the UCP section in question is between the rear front cross member and cross bar the front of the t-case UCP would mount to (ref 3rd pic).

The Tuff Country suspension lift is different from the Rancho suspension lift in that it doesn't have the aft braces. It's my understanding that it's the aft braces on the Rancho suspension lift is what interferes with UCP between the front rear cross member and cross bar the front of the t-case UCP bolts to (ref 4th pic) on the Rancho kit. Since the Tuff Country doesn't have the aft brace, there's nothing to interfere with, and it looks like a UCP plate should fit, as long as the mounting holes, and maybe the angle of UCP where it mount to the rear front cross member, are modified accordingly.

However, if you're speaking from experience that it wont work with the Tuff Country 4" suspension lift, I'll take your word. Just figured it would be easier/ cheaper to modify something that's produced in quantity, versus one off custom.

Last edited by DFW Spartan; 02-06-2019 at 09:27 AM.

Mayor of Drummond Island

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DFW Spartan View Post
    I wasn't aware Rough Country made a 4" suspension lift, but I am referring to the Tuff Country 4" suspension lift system (Part # 14040).

I understand the rear t-case UCP will work, since nothing on this section is modified from stock with this suspension lift kit.

The Tuff Country suspension lift kit comes with its own front lower skid plate that mounts to, and protects everything in between, the front and rear cross members. So the UCP section in question is between the rear front cross member and cross bar the front of the t-case UCP would mount to (ref 3rd pic).

The Tuff Country suspension lift is different from the Rancho suspension lift in that it doesn't have the aft braces. It's my understanding that it's the aft braces on the Rancho suspension lift is what interferes with UCP between the front rear cross member and cross bar the front of the t-case UCP bolts to (ref 4th pic) on the Rancho kit. Since the Tuff Country doesn't have the aft brace, there's nothing to interfere with, and it looks like a UCP plate should fit, as long as the mounting holes, and maybe the angle of UCP where it mount to the rear front cross member, are modified accordingly.

However, if you're speaking from experience that it wont work with the Tuff Country 4" suspension lift, I'll take your word. Just figured it would be easier/ cheaper to modify something that's produced in quantity, versus one off custom.
    If, you are talking about the 4" Tuff Country suspension lift the only part of any H3/H3T UCP you can use is the rear portion protecting the Tcase.
    The remaining skid would need to be custom made due to the lowered differential.

I now know that CBphoto can have just the rear portion made for you.
    . . . . .

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MUTAINT For This Useful Post:

DFW Spartan (02-06-2019)

Thanks

Where do you stand on these CB? What kind of price point are we talking? Shipping would be N/A since I'm close enough to pick up.

Mayor of Drummond Island

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IRONHORSE1 View Post
    Where do you stand on these CB? What kind of price point are we talking? Shipping would be N/A since I'm close enough to pick up.
    I texted him on your post. He should respond.
    . . . . .

Thanks

Talked to my fab shop today, they are swamped & people left & blah blah blah...they are working on it, he actually promised me the prototype within 2 weeks. They have my jigs for fitment, and are using a thicker wall tubing than originally use by my old shop.

I think I can keep the price at $500 + any shipping, but I gotta see a set first & check how it fits the trucks.

We're close!

IronHorse send me a PM with phone #, I'll add you to the list!