Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
dwilton's 2007 H3 Build - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dwilton's 2007 H3 Build

addiction level: 3
    Thanks

Re: dwilton's 2007 H3 Build

Quote Originally Posted by atvspeed4 View Post
    Thats crazy that the rancho kit bends so easy. We are hopefully going to be buying a company H3 in the late spring and will finally designing and building a new lift kit...
    It would be nice to see a off road option for our H3's.
    Would you be looking to use custom upper control arms with replaceable upper ball joints (and, stokd steering knuckles)? Or, custom knuckles like the Rancho?
    Also, I would like to suggest provisions in the cross member drop brackets to allow access to the driver side steering rack bolts.
    And, the rear leaf springs on the Rancho only lasted me about 6 monhs, only two wheeling weekends. And, they were flat!

Quote Originally Posted by MUTAINT View Post
    Nice Kustom box you made, but crazy the Group 35 wouldn't fit?

I got a Group 34 (slightly longer and slightly wider than the Group 35) to fit in the OEM box with small modifications to the bottom of the battery box. The lid and hold down still fits too...
    Thanks. And, Yes. In hind sight, a group 34/78 would have been a better choice. But, I wanted the biggest battery (Group 65) I could find, that I thought would fit...
    I have had my eye on a Odyssey 65-PC1750T-A. But, my H3 has been sitting most of the summer and my battery was shot. I needed it. And, Sears was close by...
    Not to mention, a little time in the garage fabbing up a new battery box is good for me... :). a big waste of time, yes. But...
    I think I am going to make a fiberglass top for it. Still working out those details.

Thanks

We would be doing something similar to the Rancho kit but using better materials in key places( lower control arm drop cradle, aft braces, diff bushing) and also make sure there is clearance for the steering rack bolt. We already have made serviceable upper control arms but they are too expensive to produce. That being said we are in discussions in regards to a design change that will allow them to still be made locally but at a reduced price and they will be an option for the kit. We have access to a foundry to price out producing knuckles but may end up going the fabricated knuckle route. Not sure about the back to be honest (wanted to keep everything bolt on). Would like to provide the parts to do a SOA but the issue is we cannot control the quality of the fab work for the actual installation onto the frame. Big thing will be making totally different front diff drop brackets and crossmember for a special front diff... Just comes down to time and R&D $$. We have the know-how.

Thanks

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dwilton For This Useful Post:

Pappibri (08-29-2015)

Thanks

Very Nice!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to IRONHORSE1 For This Useful Post:

dwilton (09-08-2015)

Thanks

Tee'd off my air line, in the rear door, to feed the Air locker Solenoid Body (green 1/4" tube) that I am going to be locating behind the drivers side rear cargo panel.
    I was going to use a couple Bulkhead fittings to pass the air line through the rear door hinge. But, the 1/4 tube I have is pretty flexable.
    And, it seems that there is a lot of room with the OEM wires passing through the hindge. So, I just passsed the tube through there...
    IMG_1941.jpg

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dwilton For This Useful Post:

MUTAINT (08-27-2015)

addiction level: 5
    Thanks

Nice job man!!!

God did not build mountains in vain, but to be climbed by Hummers,
    2006 H3 3,5L manual transmission ,Adventure pack with 4:1 Tcase and rear diff locker, 2,5" front lift ,Bilstein 5100 front shocks with 1/2" extended Bump stops, 1,25" rear lift warrior shakles, 315/75/16 COOPER STT PRO , UCP, tow package, PCM tune, home made snorkel (under hood) , optima yellow.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to H3Hummer For This Useful Post:

dwilton (09-08-2015)

Thanks

Looks good! Got a cool industrial look to it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to IRONHORSE1 For This Useful Post:

dwilton (09-08-2015)

Thanks

After I cycled the front locker a few times trying to see how many applies my little air tank could handle... It started leak, and I could hear, AIR coming out my vent hose...
    IMG_1947.jpg
    I must have moved it a bit to much with the diff going in and out while selecting the shims to adjust the backlash.
    If you look close you can see the copper tube cracked.
    Of course this happened in the vehicle. After, I had the front end all back together, in the truck...
    So, I had to pull it all apart, AGAIN... To, RE-Braze a new copper tube to the air collar. Luckly, the "scrap" piece was long enough...
    IMG_1948.jpg

The Rear Air Locker went in without to much trouble. And, It cam with a new diff cover.
    I also replaced the rear axle bearings and seals while I was in there...
    IMG_1949.jpg

The ARB RD148 for a AAM 7.6 IFS, Front Differential, comes with Carrier Bearings and a Shim Kit.
    I plugged the E-Locker hole with a rubber plug because the air ling needs to go on the other side.
    So, I had to drill another hole in my Cast Iron Housing for the AIR Fittings.
    I also purchased a Yukon Gear Carrier Shim Kit #55001. The interlocking design of this shim kit makes it a lot easier to get the shims in and out.
    The ARB RD84 for a GM 8.6 (10 bolt) also comes with carrier carrier bearings. But, they are NOT the right bearing for our H3's.
    I guess GM increased the size of the 8.6" Diff Carrier Bearings, at some point....
    So, you will need to purchase Carrier bearings, separately.
    I purchased a Yukon Gear Differential Bearing and Shim kit #57010. (It was nice to have an extra stack of shims)
    GM must have also changed the spacing on the bearing caps.
    Because, no modifications (as described in the ARB instructions) were necessary to the carrier bearing cap, for the air line.
    I was able to re-use the existing hole (from the E-Locker wires) in the casting by running a 1/4 pipe tap into it.
    Last edited by dwilton; 09-08-2015 at 02:34 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dwilton For This Useful Post:

atvspeed4 (09-08-2015),MUTAINT (09-08-2015)

Mayor of Drummond Island

Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 739 Posts

Let me know what you are looking for on the E-lockers.
    . . . . .
    "I'd rather be lost on Drummond Island than found on the Mainland!"
    Previously owned: Mr. Black H3 Alpha OffRoad, Mr. Orange 08 H3 Alpha, Mr. Blue 08 H3 Alpha OffRoad, Mr. "T" 09 H3T Adventure 5 speed

Current: Mr. Red Roc'T 10 H3T Alpha OffRoad / XXLH3 10 H3 Alpha OffRoad

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MUTAINT View Post
    Let me know what you are looking for on the E-lockers.
    Sure, I have not yet decided what to do with them. I left the H3 wired so I could go back to them if I ever needed/wanted to... I am not sure what they are worth.
    Of course they have "NEVER" seen any off road use and have been only used to get grocery once in a while... They would be a bargan at any cost... :).

addiction level: 1
    Thanks

Hey there love your H3, well done Do you still have it?

Can you help me with this?

http://www.clubhummeroffroad.com/for...nsmission+hole