Thread: MSU survey

Cravin' What I Can't Have

Thanks

MSU survey

Well, they must be interested in what we think as ORV users!

I was invited today to fill out a very thorough online survey about my ORV use, I took the care ot fill it out carefully....looks like the State is acually thinking about opening an ORV park in Southeast Michigan!

Anybody else get asked to fill it out?

I am writing to ask for your help with an important study being conducted this month by Michigan State University to inform the potential development of a public off-road vehicle (ORV) park in southeast Michigan. The best way we have of learning this information is by asking people who have used ORVs to share their thoughts and opinions. Your name is one of only a small number that has been randomly selected from the list of people who registered an ORV with the Michigan Department of Natural Resources (DNR) in 2012. Since the duration of this research project is very short, your opportunity to contribute to this study is limited.
    2010 H3T Alpha, 4:1 T-case, Eaton Lockers front & Rear, Derale external trans cooler, CBUCP, CBphoto Winchmount, Ridge Demon Rock Bashers, AirDoc, Smittybuilt 10k winch, Hunner skids, 35" Cepek Extreme Country shoes, Daystar 1" body lift

Administrator

Thanks

Re: MSU survey

the pessimist in me always worries that they are using it as a tactic to cut funding.... or raise usage fees...
    Money cannot buy happiness, but itís more comfortable to cry in a Corvette than on a bicycle.

K9MDY

Thanks

That would be nice.. I did not receive no such letter.
    Live Life, Love Life, And Love Your Hummer.

Cravin' What I Can't Have

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muddydawg75 View Post
    the pessimist in me always worries that they are using it as a tactic to cut funding.... or raise usage fees...
    Don't be a pessimist Stan...just being a pest is enough....me thinks our Gov't is simply looking for good ways to make more money from all the State land that Michigan owns, which is quite a lot around us. Lots of it is open to hunting, but none is accessible by ORV, and a lot of the open hunting land over here is just tooooo close to housing to discharge your weapon safely,...so they might as well make some into an ORV park & make money off of it!
    2010 H3T Alpha, 4:1 T-case, Eaton Lockers front & Rear, Derale external trans cooler, CBUCP, CBphoto Winchmount, Ridge Demon Rock Bashers, AirDoc, Smittybuilt 10k winch, Hunner skids, 35" Cepek Extreme Country shoes, Daystar 1" body lift

Mayor of Drummond Island

Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 786 Posts

No such letter. It may have to do with a purchase of a recreational vehicle in the past few years???
    . . . . .
    "I'd rather be lost on Drummond Island than found on the Mainland!"
    Previously owned: Mr. Black H3 Alpha OffRoad, Mr. Orange 08 H3 Alpha, Mr. Blue 08 H3 Alpha OffRoad, Mr. "T" 09 H3T Adventure 5 speed, XXLH3 10 H3 Alpha OffRoad

Current: Mr. Red Roc'T 10 H3T Alpha OffRoad soon to SAS/SOA

Thanks

Well Cris, I got my letter today. I will make sure to give them my input as well...
    Live Life, Love Life, And Love Your Hummer.

Administrator

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CBphoto View Post
    Don't be a pessimist Stan...just being a pest is enough....me thinks our Gov't is simply looking for good ways to make more money from all the State land that Michigan owns, which is quite a lot around us. Lots of it is open to hunting, but none is accessible by ORV, and a lot of the open hunting land over here is just tooooo close to housing to discharge your weapon safely,...so they might as well make some into an ORV park & make money off of it!
    Well, That would be a nice positive outlook on the whole thing.

In my experience, they solicit studies so that they are independent, and then can be used for good and bad....

There is a HUGE HUGE HUGE battle of the new park they opened near RC.... and I think it puts a massive black eye on the ORV community....
    Money cannot buy happiness, but itís more comfortable to cry in a Corvette than on a bicycle.

K9MDY