Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many H2's on CHO.."H2's check in with your favorite picture of your truck!

addiction level: 4
    Thanks

How many H2's on CHO.."H2's check in with your favorite picture of your truck!

Title says it all...How many H2's on CHO.."H2's check in with your favorite picture of your truck! My favorite is my sig pic. Let's see your favorite pic!

Gaylord "Squatch" Focker Tackett's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How many H2's on CHO.."H2's check in with your favorite picture of your truck!

:raises hand:

Present!

Edit: u should keep a running tally of all three of us.

Thanks

Re: How many H2's on CHO.."H2's check in with your favorite picture of your truck!

Quote Originally Posted by Tackett View Post
    :raises hand:

Present!

Edit: u should keep a running tally of all three of us.
    there is more then 3 of us...plus where is your favorite pic? :-p

Thanks

lol when I first joined here the H2 crowd was huge. This was the first site I started a build thread on. Then everyone disappeared and that was when I started my thread asking where everyone went!

I'm definitely still here!

Thanks

I'll check in for me and Stogies...

addiction level: 2
    Thanks

I'm here. Don't have many photos. Will try to dig up an old one later

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Humvee21 View Post
    I'm here. Don't have many photos. Will try to dig up an old one later
    I got you covered Humvee21...I've see you around at Elcova.

Humvee21's rig:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to guruerror For This Useful Post:

Humvee21 (05-02-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guruerror View Post
    I got you covered Humvee21...I've see you around at Elcova.

Humvee21's rig:
    Sweet thanks! I think there's vids too I uploaded on YouTube. That was with a Raptor owner and my tires were worn down after 55k miles, only got stuck once in a big mud pit!

Glad to see you here. I would be on Elcova more if they were more mobile device friendly like CHO is. I'll have to find more pics once I get back to the desktop.

And yeah sorry to say my truck isn't all built up like many of you guys out there. :( All stock!

Thanks

You know, I'm going to commend you guys on using your H2s. I'll admit that I have always considered the H2 as a mall runner, having never actually seen one go remotely offroad.

That said, my opinion is changing fast. I'm really impressed with your builds, and more importantly all the places you've been able to take them! Even though I just bought my 3 a few weeks ago, I caught myself looking at Deuces on autotrader just to see what they are going for. In many ways I'm feeling like the 3 is a gateway Hummer. Its just convenient they named them in countdown fasion...3...2...1.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spectre For This Useful Post:

Caraddict (05-02-2013),guruerror (05-02-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    You know, I'm going to commend you guys on using your H2s. I'll admit that I have always considered the H2 as a mall runner, having never actually seen one go remotely offroad.

That said, my opinion is changing fast. I'm really impressed with your builds, and more importantly all the places you've been able to take them! Even though I just bought my 3 a few weeks ago, I caught myself looking at Deuces on autotrader just to see what they are going for. In many ways I'm feeling like the 3 is a gateway Hummer. Its just convenient they named them in countdown fasion...3...2...1.

Anyway, keep up the good work!
    Yeah...not many (any) of them in my immediate area get wheeled...they all live quiet, mundane lives beating their ATs on the pavement...sad (tear); but they are 8 lug, 3/4 GM trucks and that's how mine gets treated.

Thanks

I found some newer pics. I can't decide which is my favorite!
    IMAG0326.jpg
    IMAG0003.jpg
    IMAG0324.jpg
    IMAG0325.jpg
    IMAG0318.jpg

Thanks

That makes 6 of us so far...great pics...Keep the coming! Thanks for the kind words towards us H2's Spectre...I've only wheeled once but plan on going atleast once a year as long as I have my Duece!

Thanks

Where is Brook? I love his Duece...I plan on fabbing Limb risers & already ordered the taillight covers he has....and of course I want dual front shocks!

Guruerror....I was looking through your pics & was wondering where you got the rear end protector...I want that mod 2!

Bernie's Daddy

Thanks

Thanks

I love the third pic...I was A and turned off when I saw you go through that!

Thanks

Some of my favorites:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Caraddict View Post
    Where is Brook? I love his Duece...I plan on fabbing Limb risers & already ordered the taillight covers he has....and of course I want dual front shocks!

Guruerror....I was looking through your pics & was wondering where you got the rear end protector...I want that mod 2!
    The Spider! http://purplecranium.com/

I love the third pic...I was A and turned off when I saw you go through that!
    You could'a made that no problem! Next time...next time...

Thanks

Some of my favorites:

Musta been cool riding without the door!

Thanks

The Spider! http://purplecranium.com/

You could'a made that no problem! Next time...next time...
    Thanks for the link...I might have to try it next time...but it looked like Brook was gonna flip at one point & I wanted no part of that

Thanks

what spider would best fit on the H2?
    Born again Bull

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bulls H3T View Post
    The one for Chevy 2500's...

Thanks

Musta been cool riding without the door!

The only thing that ain't cool is trying to get the thing back on. It's heavy as hell.

I need to fab up some soft doors.

Thanks

Thanks for the link...I might have to try it next time...but it looked like Brook was gonna flip at one point & I wanted no part of that
    I think it's because of the line he took...I followed him down but took a more center line and didn't go far off camber at all. I actually think he did that on purpose so I'd have some good ass shots of his rig to post... :)

Quote Originally Posted by Bulls H3T View Post
    This one: http://purplecranium.com/ag-433.333....r-h2-2008.html

The one for Chevy 2500's...
    PC reports the 2500 one WON'T work due to the location of the deuce's sway bar...they've got a special one that they make for our rigs.

And the H2 one won't work if you've got an after market diff cover...one with a larger reservoir or cooling fins. That said, all of the Spiders (at least for our trucks) are made to order since so few orders are placed, so they'll custom make one to fit any aftermarket cover you get, but you've gotta ship them the cover that you're gonna use so the can design around it. Not very helpful if you've already got it installed. L0L!
    Last edited by guruerror; 05-03-2013 at 08:42 AM.

Thanks

That spider looks pretty tiny...

Is it actually useful?

Thanks

I think it's because of the line he took...I followed him down but took a more center line and didn't go far off camber at all. I actually think he did that on purpose so I'd have some good ass shots of his rig to post... :)

This one: http://purplecranium.com/ag-433.333....r-h2-2008.html

PC reports the 2500 one WON'T work due to the location of the deuce's sway bar...they've got a special one that they make for our rigs.

And the H2 one won't work if you've got an after market diff cover...one with a larger reservoir or cooling fins. That said, all of the Spiders (at least for our trucks) are made to order since so few orders are placed, so they'll custom make one to fit any aftermarket cover you get, but you've gotta ship them the cover that you're gonna use so the can design around it. Not very helpful if you've already got it installed. L0L!
    I did not realize they made one special for the H2...I'm gonna do this mod for sure...IDE like the extra protection plus I like the look...noticed it on Amanda's H3...It looked sweet on her truck!

addiction level: 1
    Thanks

Hola! Here's mu baby! Richard20130329_164135.jpg

Thanks

What's that cage thing on your spare tire?

Thanks

That spider looks pretty tiny...

Is it actually useful?
    no its beefy as hell. I was surprised when I pulled it out of the box how heavy the thing was. The flange and everything is extremely well built. There's pics in my build thread....too tired to post them here lol.

Thanks

Can someone direct me to Guruerror's build thread? I would like to know the mods to that black truck

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by man1nboat View Post
    Hola! Here's mu baby! Richard20130329_164135.jpg
    That makes 7 of us! :-)

Thanks

Can someone direct me to Guruerror's build thread? I would like to know the mods to that black truck
    I saw his pictures on the RC thread...

Thanks

I did not realize they made one special for the H2...I'm gonna do this mod for sure...IDE like the extra protection plus I like the look...noticed it on Amanda's H3...It looked sweet on her truck!
    Check this out: http://www.clubhummeroffroad.com/for...3837#post43837

What's that cage thing on your spare tire?
    It's a bike rack that I had to custom build due to the size of the tire. I started with a 'Jeep' over-the-tire rack, but it woud barely fit and was pretty flimsy by the time you expanded it enough to fit over a 37x12.5 (Jeeps and their tiny little wheels...[quiet snicker]). So I kept the 'arms' from the bought rack and fabbed a similar design out of 1" plumbing pipe. Then I took that to Rudy's...

...and had all the joints welded, and the whole thing powder coating ('cause they do powered coating now too), and had a cold beer while I waited.

Sadly my bike has since been stolen, but I discovered that the rack also does extremely well as a 'grill rack'...
    ...an since my grandmother seems to think that I work for the Forest Service Department on the weekends, I recently modded the rack to carry a saw press and 2-stroke gas can.

I don't have a consolidated build thread on any forum. On Elcova I have a rack of post about individual mods; perhaps I'll pull a bunch of info together and create a build thread on CHO. Like I mentioned above, Chomies are way more into the kind of mods that I've done than the folks at Elcova are (at least the folks that are still around these days.)

If you've got questions in the meantime, feel free to shoot me a PM.
    Last edited by guruerror; 05-05-2013 at 08:42 AM.

Thanks

Check this out: http://www.clubhummeroffroad.com/for...3837#post43837

It's a bike rack that I had to custom build due to the size of the tire. I started with a 'Jeep' over-the-tire rack, but it woud barely fit and was pretty flimsy by the time you expanded it enough to fit over a 37x12.5 (Jeeps and their tiny little wheels...[quiet snicker]). So I kept the 'arms' from the bought rack and fabbed a similar design out of 1" plumbing pipe. Then I took that to Rudy's...

...and had all the joints welded, and the whole thing powder coating ('cause they do powered coating now too), and had a cold beer while I waited.

Sadly my bike has since been stolen, but I discovered that the rack also does extremely well as a 'grill rack'...
    ...an since my grandmother seems to think that I work for the Forest Service Department on the weekends, I recently modded the rack to carry a saw press and 2-stroke gas can.

I don't have a consolidated build thread on any forum. On Elcova I have a rack of post about individual mods; perhaps I'll pull a bunch of info together and create a build thread on CHO. Like I mentioned above, Chomies are way more into the kind of mods that I've done than the folks at Elcova are (at least the folks that are still around these days.)

Lmao...welding & COLD BEER...Too Funny!

Thanks

One more H2 owner here \m/

2008 Hummer H2 Luxury Package

Toyo MT 38x13.50x18 on Rockstar. Green keys. 2" rear spacers. 1" bodylift. Cognito UCA, steering bracket, front stab links. Bilstein 5100 shocks. Moog inner/outer tie-rods, pitman, idler arm & bracket with remote zerk. E&G Classics fender flares. ARP 434-1301 ex. man. stud kit. Airaid perf. air filter. Crown Performance brake lines. Warn PowerPlant HD. Rubberduck UCP. Gobi Ranger Roof Rack. Morimoto FX-R 3.0 projector headlights with 55w AC HID kit. Hella Rallye 4000 aux lights. Evans waterless coolant.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by citiboy View Post
    One more H2 owner here \m/

Nice lookin truck you got there! That makes 8 H2's... :-)

Thanks

I need a set of those tires.

Thanks

I need a set of those tires.
    i paid close to 3000 for the set of 5......if i can afford it, it will be just a penny for you bro.

i'm still saving up for my 4.88 yukon gears and front e-lockers....*sigh*...i wish i have unlimited funds to do all the mods that i want.
    Last edited by citiboy; 05-06-2013 at 06:38 AM.
    2008 Hummer H2 Luxury Package

Toyo MT 38x13.50x18 on Rockstar. Green keys. 2" rear spacers. 1" bodylift. Cognito UCA, steering bracket, front stab links. Bilstein 5100 shocks. Moog inner/outer tie-rods, pitman, idler arm & bracket with remote zerk. E&G Classics fender flares. ARP 434-1301 ex. man. stud kit. Airaid perf. air filter. Crown Performance brake lines. Warn PowerPlant HD. Rubberduck UCP. Gobi Ranger Roof Rack. Morimoto FX-R 3.0 projector headlights with 55w AC HID kit. Hella Rallye 4000 aux lights. Evans waterless coolant.

Thanks

Yeah there's no way my wife will let me drop 3k for tires.

Thanks

Yeah there's no way my wife will let me drop 3k for tires.
    Just don't tell her...or just buy them & deal with her being mad...my wife gets over stuff like that in less then a week! I've come home with cars without discussing it with her...trust she will get over it!

Thanks

Just don't tell her...or just buy them & deal with her being mad...my wife gets over stuff like that in less then a week! I've come home with cars without discussing it with her...trust she will get over it!
    Oh no...

No. No. No. No. No. No.

My wife is not that relaxed. Not even close.

Thanks

Thanks, I'll patiently wait for the build thread! I'm just curious to see all that you did!

Dances with Stumps
    Thanks

Fun With Muddydawg

2009 HUMMER H2 Fully Loaded
    65 Corvette Coupe"GMPP 502 Big Block": MSD FI
    "ALCOHOL"
    "BECAUSE NO GREAT STORY EVER STARTED WITH SOMEONE EATING A SALAD"

Administrator

Thanks

Heya Stumpy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Long time no see.... got a new phone.... lost your number...
    Money cannot buy happiness, but itís more comfortable to cry in a Corvette than on a bicycle.

K9MDY

Dances with Stumps
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muddydawg75 View Post
    Heya Stumpy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Long time no see.... got a new phone.... lost your number...
    Heah Muddy Dog Breath.. I'll PM you my Numbers... We can cautch up on you know what..
    2009 HUMMER H2 Fully Loaded
    65 Corvette Coupe"GMPP 502 Big Block": MSD FI
    "ALCOHOL"
    "BECAUSE NO GREAT STORY EVER STARTED WITH SOMEONE EATING A SALAD"

A Very Wise...... ASS Hummergirl4's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks

So christmasy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hummergirl4 View Post
    Nice...a SUT!

Thanks

Thanks

Even though I currently have a 3, I'm actually in the market to upsize to a 2...especially after seeing this thread. That said, is there anything I need to look out for when shopping around?
    '08 H3 - Expo rig in the making...

Thanks

11 H2's now!