Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

cgalpha08's build!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cgalpha08's build!!

Thanks

Re: cgalpha08's build!!

Sounds like you was having some buzzards luck with your orders , with not getting everything... Looking good with the Rocky Roads on.. I have to put mine on still.. I have the brushguard and the sliders to put on yet.... Love that dog in the background.. Kinda looks like a husky or wolf.. What is he or she?
    Live Life, Love Life, And Love Your Hummer.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pappibri For This Useful Post:

cgalpha08 (05-28-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappibri View Post
    Sounds like you was having some buzzards luck with your orders , with not getting everything... Looking good with the Rocky Roads on.. I have to put mine on still.. I have the brushguard and the sliders to put on yet.... Love that dog in the background.. Kinda looks like a husky or wolf.. What is he or she?
    Thanks, shes a husky.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    -2008 H3 Alpha -RIP
    -2009 H3 Alpha/Adv

Hugs and Kisses
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cgalpha08 View Post
    If there is a downside to this mod it is that it makes the stock tires look TINY.... I think your rig looks great! I think the grill would look badass if you taped the blinker area off and plastidipped that area too.
    Usually, there is something cool to read here, but since I'm not that witty and and don't have a catchphrase, I am sorry to say you have just been suckered into wasting your time reading this.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to xllkoyokollx For This Useful Post:

cgalpha08 (05-29-2012)

Gaylord "Squatch" Focker Tackett's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm so close to spraying my entire truck. So close.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xllkoyokollx View Post
    I think the grill would look badass if you taped the blinker area off and plastidipped that area too.
    I was thinking the same thing...
    Victory Red 06 with championship edition hood stripe, custom red & black leather interior, tow package, Monsoon radio, iPod attachment, DayStar 1 inch body lift, Tbar crank, Bilstein front & rear shocks, Trail Duty extended bump stops, air horn, fender flares with splash guards, General Grabber 315/75/16 tires, GM touring exhaust, GM H3 tips, AirDoc's intake, K&N filter, PCMforless tune, GM UCP, PCSpider diff slider, engine coil spring delete, ported throttle body, Gobi ladder, Thor front bumper/bull bar, 12,500 winch, dual batteries, Tmax controller, KC lights, color matched grille, stealth roof rack, GM rock sliders w/steps, Hi-Lift jack, drilled & slotted rotors w/ceramic pads, SS braided brake lines, Hunner shock/spring sliders

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackett View Post
    I'm so close to spraying my entire truck. So close.
    IMO leave the yellow but keep doing the accents in black.

-2008 H3 Alpha -RIP
    -2009 H3 Alpha/Adv

Thanks

IMO leave the yellow but keep doing the accents in black.
    Agree with this one also. Your truck looks great with the extra black accents. I'd still like to see what a championship type hood stripe would look like on there...
    Victory Red 06 with championship edition hood stripe, custom red & black leather interior, tow package, Monsoon radio, iPod attachment, DayStar 1 inch body lift, Tbar crank, Bilstein front & rear shocks, Trail Duty extended bump stops, air horn, fender flares with splash guards, General Grabber 315/75/16 tires, GM touring exhaust, GM H3 tips, AirDoc's intake, K&N filter, PCMforless tune, GM UCP, PCSpider diff slider, engine coil spring delete, ported throttle body, Gobi ladder, Thor front bumper/bull bar, 12,500 winch, dual batteries, Tmax controller, KC lights, color matched grille, stealth roof rack, GM rock sliders w/steps, Hi-Lift jack, drilled & slotted rotors w/ceramic pads, SS braided brake lines, Hunner shock/spring sliders

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Bisc View Post
    Agree with this one also. Your truck looks great with the extra black accents. I'd still like to see what a championship type hood stripe would look like on there...
    Yea thats something i would like to do as soon as i get good ar making an edge with the plasti-dip. This stuff is really addicting, i think its because the consequences are next to none.

-2008 H3 Alpha -RIP
    -2009 H3 Alpha/Adv

Hugs and Kisses
    Thanks

Key to a good edge is pulling the tape while the plastidip is still wet. This will require multiple tapings or multiple layers of tape lined up perfectly.
    Usually, there is something cool to read here, but since I'm not that witty and and don't have a catchphrase, I am sorry to say you have just been suckered into wasting your time reading this.

Thanks
    Its been a while so im posting some updates.

Scanguage2, i stare at this too much while i drive lol

Ram mount X grip phone holder

Lev-o-gauge

Gm OEM window shades

Also have a surprise for you all coming on Monday ;)

Last edited by cgalpha08; 08-10-2012 at 02:44 PM.
    -2008 H3 Alpha -RIP
    -2009 H3 Alpha/Adv

Thanks

What a tease... I cant wait to see what you have to add on Monday... Love the color, and the new highlights.
    Live Life, Love Life, And Love Your Hummer.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pappibri For This Useful Post:

cgalpha08 (07-29-2012)

addiction level: 5
    Thanks

Like the mods and hope that your surprise is a Hammer!

God did not build mountains in vain, but to be climbed by Hummers,
    2006 H3 3,5L manual transmission ,Adventure pack with 4:1 Tcase and rear diff locker, 2,5" front lift ,Bilstein 5100 front shocks with 1/2" extended Bump stops, 1,25" rear lift warrior shakles, 315/75/16 COOPER STT PRO , UCP, tow package, PCM tune, home made snorkel (under hood) , optima yellow.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to H3Hummer For This Useful Post:

cgalpha08 (07-29-2012)

Bubba J
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muddydawg75 View Post
    it's not permanent.... that's the best part..... you can love it for a year, and then hate it and make it back to normal..

the same reasons I love it too

You can win a fight with a skunk, but it's not worth the stink

18. The Following User Says Thank You to skeeter06 For This Useful Post:

cgalpha08 (07-30-2012)

Thanks
    Well surprise surprise, picked up a BA bumper today, thank you Jesse!!! (recovery21)

-2008 H3 Alpha -RIP
    -2009 H3 Alpha/Adv

20. The Following User Says Thank You to cgalpha08 For This Useful Post:

Recovery21 (07-30-2012)

Bubba J
    Thanks

nice. a good cleaning and some plasti-dip and that thing will look great

You can win a fight with a skunk, but it's not worth the stink

Thanks

Cool! Looks like he included a winch also. Nice project, it is going to look great on your front end.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to 58Bisc For This Useful Post:

cgalpha08 (07-30-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Bisc View Post
    Cool! Looks like he included a winch also. Nice project, it is going to look great on your front end.
    Thanks and yep the winch was included. I have to touch up the bumper some but otherwise its good to go.

-2008 H3 Alpha -RIP
    -2009 H3 Alpha/Adv

Thanks

Just a good cleaning, light sanding, spot prime and maybe some bed liner or Line-X. It will look like new in no time.

Hugs and Kisses
    Thanks

Glad it made its way to another forum member and didn't get traded in. Should look badass on your rig.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to xllkoyokollx For This Useful Post:

cgalpha08 (07-31-2012)

Mayor of Drummond Island

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 752 Posts

Nice grab on the BA. Do yourself a favor and have the bumper media blasted, weld the brushguard to the bumper then prime it ASAP.

I made the mistake of a light sanding and coating it after with XXX brand liner and the rust came right back where the brushguard and bumper meet.
    Might want to remove both sides of the winch and look for any discoloration of the lube or rust inside and relube / clean if necessary also.

Save yourself time and $ down the road and do it right the first time!
    Last edited by MUTAINT; 08-01-2012 at 11:55 PM.
    . . . . .
    "I'd rather be lost on Drummond Island than found on the Mainland!"
    Previously owned: Mr. Black H3 Alpha OffRoad, Mr. Orange 08 H3 Alpha, Mr. Blue 08 H3 Alpha OffRoad, Mr. "T" 09 H3T Adventure 5 speed

Current: Mr. Red Roc'T 10 H3T Alpha OffRoad / XXLH3 10 H3 Alpha OffRoad

29. The Following User Says Thank You to MUTAINT For This Useful Post:

cgalpha08 (08-04-2012)

Hugs and Kisses
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MUTAINT View Post
    Nice, do yourself a favor and have the bumper media blasted, weld the brushguard to the bumper then prime it ASAP.

I made the mistake of a light sanding and coating it after with XXX brand liner and the rust came right back where the brushguard and bumper meet.
    Might want to remove both sides of the winch and look for any discoloration of the lube or rust inside and relube / clean if necessary also.

Save your self time and $ down the road and do it right the first time!
    I agree 100%. A little extra effort now will save you tons of headaches in the future.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to xllkoyokollx For This Useful Post:

cgalpha08 (08-04-2012)

Thanks

Thanks guys. Mu i think the BG is already welded on considering we lifted the whole thing with it. Also i will be cleaning up the winch to make sure that is works right, and it will be media blasted
    -2008 H3 Alpha -RIP
    -2009 H3 Alpha/Adv

Mayor of Drummond Island

Thanks

Kool, I didn't know Jesse had it welded?
    . . . . .
    Previously owned: Mr. Black H3 Alpha OffRoad, Mr. Orange 08 H3 Alpha, Mr. Blue 08 H3 Alpha OffRoad, Mr. "T" 09 H3T Adventure 5 speed

Thanks

After media blasting or sand blasting try a primer coat of zinc chromate.

Just Here For The Paycheck!

Thanks

Kool, I didn't know Jesse had it welded?
    He didn't, it's just bolted together.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Recovery21 For This Useful Post:

MUTAINT (08-05-2012)

Thanks
    Update, BA is still in the garage, i haven't really gotten around to working on it.

I did order 5 black door handles and will be installing those along with plasti dipping the mirrors black. Ill post up pics when its all done.

-2008 H3 Alpha -RIP
    -2009 H3 Alpha/Adv

Thanks

So....lots of updates since i last posted.

Threw on some 35's
    Re-geared to 4.56 and threw in a cast iron front diff with an e locker.
    Installed some O.D. bushings
    tattons Driveshaft with an adapter plate at the t-case

This past March, i traded in my daily for a new daily. My old daily was an 01 suburban with 110XXX miles, which isn't bad however everything underneath was rusted to hell. The rear pinion bearing gave out completely and almost grenaded the rear diff. The tech at the dealer said he pulled out a handful of metal from the diff. Needless to say they were willing to give me on trade in what i was expecting to get, even with the pending repair. So I snagged a nice 2015 silverado extended cab, matching color too!

I had the BA bumper and rock rails blasted and coated in line-x platinum/premium, whichever one is their highest quality spray, to ensure it won't fade from UV rays.

I also threw on the engo 10k-s winch that has been sitting in my closet for 3 years. Installing this bumper by yourself is not the easiest thing to do, but doable.

I also took off my old offroad lights that weren't working and the old wiring atrocity that they were hooked up to.
    Old wires :whaa:

New lights are KC pro sport gravity leds (spot beam), led wiring harnesses are so simple its stupid. I used only 1 harness even though its 2 set of lights. I bought some splitters from here http://www.speeddemonlights.com/harn...rness-end.html They work great and let me run all 4 lights off of one switch.

I also picked up a gauge pod from a guy on facebook who was taking the time to custom build and paint them. I plan on installing an oil pressure gauge and transmission temp gauge. I want this done right and the wiring and install to look as close to OEM so im waiting on doing anything until i have everything all planned out. However i do have the pod installed, gives me a nice view of the airbag behind it!:thumbs:

I also did do an muffler delete, the pipe has been extended so that it doesn't melt the rear bumper plastic (no pics sorry).

As far as future plans go, which i feel change all the time, are to finish the gauge install.
    Pretty sure I have a rear main seal leak, so we'll see how that plays out.
    Desperately need a new negative battery terminal as the current one is being supported with duct tape haha
    Also have some leaky/seepy trans cooler lines, which ill most likely deal with when i get the temp gauge set up.
    It would also be ncie to have some fancy rocker switches set up as well, but i'm in no rush.
    I'd like to throw some fox shocks under her at some point.
    Probably take out the CB radio, I never use it.
    Wire up my front locker haha
    -2008 H3 Alpha -RIP
    -2009 H3 Alpha/Adv

39. The Following User Says Thank You to cgalpha08 For This Useful Post:

Woodtick (09-23-2016)

Thanks

RIP...this H3 went to the junkyard in the sky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mayor of Drummond Island

Thanks

I read about your rig. Sorry to hear that. Hope you saved some of the parts off of it like the gauge pod on the a pillar and the roof rack.
    . . . . .

Thanks

Yep, tis true. Damage didn't look that had after the accident, turns out the estimate came in at 16k, it needed a new frame. Onto the next one!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    -2008 H3 Alpha -RIP
    -2009 H3 Alpha/Adv

Mayor of Drummond Island

Thanks

Did you get to recon any of the accessories Gobi, Hunner skids, gauge mount, front diff etc?
    I would have bought that a-pillar pod and front differential off of you in a flash.
    . . . . .

Thanks

Couldn't get anything that was vital to the function of the vehicle, so I didn't get the front diff, driveshaft, or anything like that. I did snag my Gobi rack, ladder and lights though. I spaced on the gauge pod, remembered it after I had signed the vehicle away

-2008 H3 Alpha -RIP
    -2009 H3 Alpha/Adv

Mayor of Drummond Island

Thanks

Will you be replacing it with another H3 Alpha?
    . . . . .

Thanks

Will you be replacing it with another H3 Alpha?
    Yessir, that's the plan. I actually hopefully have atvspeed4 checking out a white 2010 alpha in MA for me, only has 57k miles on it.
    I'll post up pics here in a bit.

-2008 H3 Alpha -RIP
    -2009 H3 Alpha/Adv

47. The Following User Says Thank You to cgalpha08 For This Useful Post:

MUTAINT (05-16-2017)

Thanks

Here are some photos of the damage

doesn't looks that bad right?

Here is it with the front all spread apart

And here you can see how bent the frame is, the BA bumper took front end with it and just bent and smashed everything with it.

They valuation Geico gave me was fair, probably a couple grand less than what I could have sold it for privately.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -2008 H3 Alpha -RIP
    -2009 H3 Alpha/Adv

Thanks

Dude, that sucks bro, did ya find another Alpha? This one seems to have only a little damage but nothing serious
    Last edited by H3Hummer; 05-17-2017 at 04:26 PM.

2006 H3 3,5L manual transmission ,Adventure pack with 4:1 Tcase and rear diff locker, 2,5" front lift ,Bilstein 5100 front shocks with 1/2" extended Bump stops, 1,25" rear lift warrior shakles, 315/75/16 COOPER STT PRO , UCP, tow package, PCM tune, home made snorkel (under hood) , optima yellow.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by H3Hummer View Post
    Dude, that sucks bro, did ya find another Alpha or are you saving yours?
    Working on finding another. Mine would've cost 16k to fix.

-2008 H3 Alpha -RIP
    -2009 H3 Alpha/Adv

Thanks

Update: Back at the end of June, found a white 2008 H3 alpha adv in Oklahoma city with only 28k miles on it. Frame looks basically brand new, that and the adv package were the main selling points for me.
    Paid cash, dealership (honda) tried jerking me around with interest rates (6% wtf??), was originally only going to put the insurance money down, told them to F off and wrote a check.
    It has a lot of chrome on it, chrome hood levour, chrome side stripes, so that will have to be remedied.
    Currently in the process of de-chromeing it, black door handles are on, line-xing the mirror caps next.
    Installed a set of 35" Cooper MTP's. Amazing what a set of new tires will do to the ride quality compared to a set of 9 year old factory tires.
    Anyway here is a stock photo somewhere in Oklahoma on the drive back to Indiana.

Planning on making this one similar to the last build. Currently working with GOBI to hopefully get a new set of brackets for the roof rack, as the other ones were seized onto my old H3.

It does have its quirks, BCM is bad I think, pulled 3 codes
    B1420
    B2583
    B2552

So add that to the list of things to do.
    -2008 H3 Alpha -RIP
    -2009 H3 Alpha/Adv

52. The Following User Says Thank You to cgalpha08 For This Useful Post:

atvspeed4 (09-27-2017)

Thanks

Here what the tread looks like on the cooper
    They do hum a little, but its not bad
    They are a 2 ply vs 3 ply M/T, highway and street manners are a little better. Had them up to 90 mph, felt stable.

-2008 H3 Alpha -RIP
    -2009 H3 Alpha/Adv

addiction level: 4
    Thanks

Here what the tread looks like on the cooper
    They do hum a little, but its not bad
    They are a 2 ply vs 3 ply M/T, highway and street manners are a little better. Had them up to 90 mph, felt stable.

Those look nice, are they load range C or D?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atvspeed4 View Post
    Those look nice, are they load range C or D?
    They are load range E.

I should clarify its a 2 ply sidewall, not a 3 ply.
    They only weigh 63lbs a piece, which appealed to me as well, compared to say an 80+ lb toyo.
    -2008 H3 Alpha -RIP
    -2009 H3 Alpha/Adv

Thanks

They look good, more AT's then MT? I'm happy with the STT Pro's, how is the ride with those MTP?

Mayor of Drummond Island

Thanks

Definitely aggressive enough for wheeling.
    . . . . .

58. The Following User Says Thank You to MUTAINT For This Useful Post:

cgalpha08 (09-28-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by H3Hummer View Post
    They look good, more AT's then MT? I'm happy with the STT Pro's, how is the ride with those MTP?
    They are technically a M/T. Cooper was going for an m/t tire that was more streetable than others, at least that was my understanding.
    Here's the link to Cooper site
    http://us.coopertire.com/tires/discoverer-mtp.aspx

They ride pretty smoothly. 10mph and under and you can feel the vibrations significantly. I probably only have 100-150 miles on them. They are hardly broken in yet lol

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
    -2008 H3 Alpha -RIP
    -2009 H3 Alpha/Adv

60. The Following User Says Thank You to cgalpha08 For This Useful Post:

H3Hummer (09-28-2017)

Thanks

Had the mirror caps linex-ed, had to do some grinding to get them to mount, the coating is thick and some of the tolerances aren't that forgiving.
    Also cranked the torsion bars, sitting at 23.75 hub to fender.
    Have an appointment to have to grill color matched white. Going with a used painted factory grill. Body shop didn't even want to mess with the chrome and I am ok with that, would rather have it done right the first time.

This is how she sits now

After the grill is done I will most likely have the electrical issues sorted out at the dealer. Not looking forward to that bill.
    Last edited by cgalpha08; 10-19-2017 at 11:11 AM.
    -2008 H3 Alpha -RIP
    -2009 H3 Alpha/Adv

62. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cgalpha08 For This Useful Post:

MTUH3 (10-20-2017),MUTAINT (10-18-2017)

Thanks

Picked up some UCP, many thanks to Chgouav!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    -2008 H3 Alpha -RIP
    -2009 H3 Alpha/Adv

64. The Following User Says Thank You to cgalpha08 For This Useful Post:

ChgoUAV (11-14-2017)

Mayor of Drummond Island

Thanks

What happened with the electrical issues?
    . . . . .

Thanks

What happened with the electrical issues?
    No progress yet. I have been procrastinating going to the dealer simply because I know ill probably be out $1k. Just putting off the inevitable lol
    -2008 H3 Alpha -RIP
    -2009 H3 Alpha/Adv

67. The Following User Says Thank You to cgalpha08 For This Useful Post:

MUTAINT (11-07-2017)