Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Summer Toy

Bubba J
    Thanks

Re: My Summer Toy

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery21 View Post
    I just got a letter in the mail for my holiday pay check. LED headlights, passing lights, and Halo trim rings are coming soon... I am one happy person right now!
    we don't care about the bike, where are the Hummer parts

You can win a fight with a skunk, but it's not worth the stink

Hugs and Kisses
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter06 View Post
    we don't care about the bike, where are the Hummer parts
    He makes a good point. But this is your other toy thread so thanks for sharing.
    Usually, there is something cool to read here, but since I'm not that witty and and don't have a catchphrase, I am sorry to say you have just been suckered into wasting your time reading this.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to xllkoyokollx For This Useful Post:

Recovery21 (06-15-2012)

Just Here For The Paycheck!

Thanks

Have you saw my truck? I like it the way it is and it doesn't need anything. Therefore the bike is the new project. No need to follow this of you aren't interested!

Thanks

Okay, well it has been a while since I have updated this thread. I have done a few things since the new air intake. As always, I have pictures! First off, I have added to the LED mods with Custom Dynamics LED fender tip lights, along with clear lenses to match all of the others. They too are very bright and the rear light also comes on brighter when I hit the brake. You can't be too safe! I would rather blind someone than to have them rear end me. At least they will see me now.

Here is the front light On and off.

Here is the rear On, Off, and Brakes on.

Thanks

I also did a pretty big mod which was needed for me to help complete the look I am going for. It's not really a mod, but something that I changed out. When I bought the bike, I had all intentions of a solo seat. My dream was ruined when I removed the luggage rack and found that the previous owner added the luggage rack that didn't fit the bike. He made it fit anyways! Grrr. So I left it alone until now. I called the dealer about ordering a new fender. Their answer was $900 plus tax because it is an anniversary year. I thought they were nuts!!! All this time, I gave up on that look until my dad pulled through for me. He found me a brand new factory take off on Ebay. It was taken off the bike with no road miles on it and stored until now. I ended up winning the auction for $230 shipped. It was basically a steal for me. I saved $700 which I never would have bought. But that is the story behind it. I know that nobody is going to read that and if anyone is looking at this, you will be looking for the pictures only. So here they are. I took a lot of them throughout the whole process, step by step.

Start:

Step 1, saddle bags removed... AS you can see, the damage is through the paint and through the anniversary stripe which can't be repaired.

Step 2, Remove everything else. Turn signals, brake light and bracket, license plate, seat, sissy bar, and fender tip light bracket. And in case you were wondering, I do ALL of my own work.

Step 3, remember how this harness was wired because it had to be de-pinned in order to pull it out of the weather stripping on the inside of the fender. Hence the reason for this picture!

Step 4, after everything is removed, the existing fender needs to be removed. Then it is ready for the new one to arrive. I like the way it looked without the fender. Looked a little chopperish. I also removed the passenger floorboards completely. It is a true solo bike for me and me only.

Then you end up with a lot of parts, nuts, and bolts which all have to get put back on the bike.

Thanks

With Friday night done with, it was time for some rest. After seeing that the fender was at the post office on Friday, I couldn't even pick it up because it was wrapped in a palette. So today I got the fender all boxed up and it is flawless!!! I couldn't be happier with it and at the price, I can't complain. So here it is!

Step 5, I unboxed it and got it out in the light to find that it is perfect. Now came the hard part. I had to hold it in place while my dad put the bracket in place and put the screws in the bracket to hold it in place. One wrong move and I would have died because it would have scratched.

Step 6, add all of the things removed and get ready for the final outcome.

Finish:

So after everything was installed, I waxed everything and cleaned it up. After the floorboards were remoced, it looked a little naked without anything there. I had a set of pivot bolt covers in my basement for it which I added and also some chrome accent pieces for the frame. Dressed it up a bit and I like it. So the seat was installed and the bike was rolled outside to the driveway. This is the look that I wanted and I finally got it.

As you can also see in the pictures, I bought a "Get back" whip for it too. It is black and white and adds a West Coast look to it. It clamps on to the brake or clutch lever and just adds some decoration to the bike. It is very fitting for my taste.

Okay so that's all I got for now. Updated to the day and I thank you for looking!

addiction level: 4
    Thanks

Kick ass Jesse, love it . Selling you're Hummer deserves a good lecture and some never ending ribbing lol, you sell that anytime soon and you deserve an ass beating . I'll drive up to Nu Ork myself . Sux about the heat though, beautiful day but tooooo hot to ride. Been great here the past two, three days, extremely hot too hot, but have actually had a nice breeze/wind to make it tolerable, nice cruisin weather. Previous owner sure F'd up the paint and not just scratched it, it was on the way to rust hole central.

Well, I did read you're statement about finally getting it to the look you wanted, we all know that's just code for you're conscience lol. "I got it the way I want it so I'm done with the mods for now", other side of the brain already turning at the same time, "Hmmm, now I think I'll........", lol. What's next on the mod list now, we are an impatient bunch at times

Hope you get a break in the heat and can enjoy it. Looks like you won't have to purchase a "Bitch Fell Off" shirt now

Thanks

Next on the list is LED headlight and passing lights, along with HALO trim rings for it. Possibly a train horn too. I guess you will just have to keep checking for that! And I promise that this bike is not going anywhere for a while. If it does, it will just be for something better which I don't see happening.

Bubba J
    Thanks

I got 20k+ miles on mine now

You can win a fight with a skunk, but it's not worth the stink