Thread: Skullman's winch upgrade

addiction level: 1
    Thanks

Skullman's winch upgrade

Hello CHOmies, I have installed a new CBPhoto's winch mount and T-Max 12k winch on my 2008 H3. (Photos below.) A pretty easy install to say the least. The hardest part (which wasn't hard at all) of this install was relocating the winch mount bolt holes in the bottom of the winch mount due to clearance issues between the winch and the grille guard. I choose this arrangement due to the fact that the winch is up high keeping it out of the water and mud, that it is exposed for easy use an of course it looks good to me. Thanks to CBPhoto for his help during the install.

So to date I have rock sliders, winch, 315 Duratracks with torsion cranked, and Daystar body lift installed. I quess UCP is probably next. All it takes is having some extra time and money at the same time. That is usually my biggest hurdle.

Later.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Skullman For This Useful Post:

CBphoto (04-11-2016)

Mayor of Drummond Island

Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 786 Posts

Re: Skullman's winch upgrade

Looking good, always liked the Solar Flare on the H3.
    . . . . .
    "I'd rather be lost on Drummond Island than found on the Mainland!"
    Previously owned: Mr. Black H3 Alpha OffRoad, Mr. Orange 08 H3 Alpha, Mr. Blue 08 H3 Alpha OffRoad, Mr. "T" 09 H3T Adventure 5 speed, XXLH3 10 H3 Alpha OffRoad

Current: Mr. Red Roc'T 10 H3T Alpha OffRoad soon to SAS/SOA

Cravin' What I Can't Have

Thanks

Love it Steve! Hope to meet you sometime this summer for some wheelin'.
    Spring hanger Skidz on their way to you soon!
    2010 H3T Alpha, 4:1 T-case, Eaton Lockers front & Rear, Derale external trans cooler, CBUCP, CBphoto Winchmount, Ridge Demon Rock Bashers, AirDoc, Smittybuilt 10k winch, Hunner skids, 35" Cepek Extreme Country shoes, Daystar 1" body lift

Thanks

Looks good! The time/money thing is a conundrum I think most of us face, at least I know I'm not the only one now.

Thanks

Thanks for the pics. The CB winch is in my h3's future. I like the way the winch sits high and easily accessible too. Just got my sliders installed and the CBUCP will probably be next. If you get a chance tell us how you ran the winch wiring and hooked up to the battery etc. Sharp looking H3!

addiction level: 1
    Thanks

Josey, the winch power hook-up was simple as well. Provided with the winch are cables for power and ground. The power cable was already installed on the winch; the ground cable connects to the exterior ground post on the winch motor. I was able to simply run the cables through the grille, route them in front of the radiator then up through an opening to the battery. When you open the plastic battery connection covers you should see a secondary power post on the OEM battery / cable connection to which I connected the winch power and ground cables. The cables provided with the T-Max winch were just long enough to make it to the battery.